Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oatmeal Scotchies


Lucky you, I have another cookie recipe to share with you.  These Nestle Oatmeal Scotchies are fantastic.  You can get the recipe here.  These aren't your standard cookies...no way!  The oatmeal in the cookies gives them such a unique texture and taste.  Add to that the butterscotch chips and you can't go wrong.  During baking, these cookies get a nice crispness to them and the brown sugar in the recipe crystallizes nicely around the edges.  I love making these along with my standard chocolate cookie recipes.  You would be surprised how many people don't like chocolate.  Wait...did I just say that!  Yep, they are a few people in this world who don't like chocolate, none in my family of course!  So as an alternative for those people...I make these.  Of course, people who like chocolate can eat these too!
Little Man loved these.  Every time he saw the container they were stored in, he would point and say cookie.  I didn't mind giving him one at a time...the oatmeal adds some nutritional value right?  Needless to say, like most batches of cookies in our house, these didn't survive for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails