Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beefy Onion Sliders

Wow, I can't believe it is already the 16th and I've only had one blog post in all of January.  And it wasn't even a fun one...it was about me being sick!  Yuck!  I can now say that I am feeling much better and glad to be back in the swing of things.  It seems like the first half of the month just ran me over this year.  Between being sick and catching up from the awesomeness of December, I don't know where the last few weeks have gone.  I've been busy, I've been cooking and cleaning and doing my normal things, but it seems like there aren't 24 hours in a day anymore.  Maybe I'm doing too much?  Nah...
I'm back with my first recipe post of the new year...and it's a good one.  So good that I've already made it twice this month!  When we were up in Tennessee visiting family for the holidays, C's Aunt made these yummy sliders for lunch.  I didn't get the recipe from her, I just watched her throw things in the pan and committed it to memory.  Luckily, there aren't that many ingredients so I was able to remember everything!  I love the taste of this little burgers.  And isn't there just something about eating a little burger?  You don't feel guilty for having more than you should  because they are so tiny and petite, right?  Let's get to it!
Here's your cast of characters:  one pound ground beef, Lipton Beefy Onion Mix, Mayo, Cheddar and Slider Rolls. (Not pictured because I forgot to buy them: Dill Pickle Slices, oops)
Begin by browning your ground beef.  Once the meat is browned, stir in your beefy onion mix, a generous spoonful (yes that's the accurate measurement), and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese.  Let this all melt together until it looks like this:
Slice the rolls and place them on a cookie sheet.  Divide the beef mixture evenly among the rolls.  The package I buy has 12 rolls, I usually end up with some extra beef mixture.  I usually eat this when no one is watching, it's quite delicious.  Next, place 2-3 pickle slices on each roll.  Imagine they are in the photos that follow.  Toss the rolls in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes.  That's just long enough to warm the rolls and let them get a little toasty around the edges.  Don't leave them in their too long, you'll regret it!  Mmm....yum!
Serve them up with chips or mashed potatoes for a yummy, super quick lunch or dinner.  Did I say how much I love these little sliders?  I'm scheming up other recipes because I love them so much!  I'm thinking chicken, bacon, ranch.  Anyone with me on that?  I thought so!

1 comment:

  1. These look like a nice quick dinner for rushed nights.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails