Friday, June 14, 2013

Have You Ever Heard of a Food Bus?

So I was headed to a baby shower last weekend and made it across town a little early. I stopped into the nearest Target to pick up a few things I just had to get *as if the Target 5 minutes from my house didn't carry the exact same merchandise.* Once my shopping quest was complete, I decided to grab a quick bite. I was headed down the road looking for something tasty, when I spotted this!


Oh my, I had to do a quick double take as I passed by thinking my eyes were deceiving me. Yep, I had found one of Bernie's Burger Buses and I was actually going to get to try one. I have been telling C about this "food truck" for a while now, but we haven't been able to get to it together. I made the safest, quickest U-turn possible and got myself straight to that bus! The menu includes some really tasty sounding burgers, including one that has two patties sandwiched between two grilled cheese buns! What!?!? Awesome! I didn't get that one though, I opted for the Principle - your classic go-to when your taste buds are in overdrive from the delectable offerings. I decided to go no cheese, no onions, and no mustard. The Burger Bus was parked at Ooh La La Bakery, so while I waited for my burger order, I went inside to drool over the bakery displays. Cupcakes, pies, bars and more - serious deliciousness begging to go home with me! I mean look at this...pink lemonade cupcakes, tuxedo cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes and so much more. And the most amazing thing about these cupcakes was their size. These weren't you average size cakes, no, no, these were jumbo sized. More cupcake for me to eat! I didn't order any while I was there for lunch, but you bet I went back there after the shower before heading home!
After seeing all of the amazing cupcakes, my burger was ready. I could not wait to dive into this thing! Look at that beautiful buttered bun and that perfectly cooked patty peaking out from under it. 
Yum! Toasted bun, veggies, and an oh so good burger patty!
This burger was so amazing from the top down! The top bun was coated in a tasty, super pasty ketchup with a hint of sweet. The meat was so tender and seasoned perfectly. Hiding under that tasty meat was a bed of lettuce and garlic roasted tomatoes! Every detail of this burger was perfect and melt in your mouth! And those garlic roasted tomatoes were so good. 
I can say hands down this is one of the best burgers I've had...seriously! I can't wait to find the bus again and share the awesomeness with C! It's worth the time to seek out this bus...and they make it pretty easy for you. Check out the website daily to see if the bus is headed your way! Mmm...burger love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails