Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hashbrown Casserole

The holidays are here.  Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?  We are having a small get together at our house and I'm slowly preparing for it...I may post my menu later this week.  A staple in my house for any holiday or get together is Hashbrown Casserole.  My sister-in-law always makes this and now I do too.  It's so easy to throw together and is the perfect pairing for a turkey, a ham or even fried chicken.  Once you make this, it's going to become a staple in your house too!

Hashbrown Casserole

1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken
1 package grated cheddar cheese (8-10 ounces)
1 teaspoon salt
2 pounds frozen hashbrowns (you can use the shredded or cubed, I prefer the cubed)
1 stack of Ritz crackers
1 stick of butter (melted)

Combine the sour cream, cream of chicken, cheese and salt in a large bowl.  Add in the hashbrowns and stir to combine.  Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish and top with crushed Ritz crackers.  Pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.  Enjoy!

See...so easy!  The flavor combination of the crispy Ritz crackers, the ooey-gooey cheese, and the soft potatoes is fantastic.  And your kitchen will smell so amazing while this is cooking.  I think my favorite part of this whole dish is the deliciously toasted crackers on top.  They are golden and perfect when you pull the potatoes out of the oven, kind of like this:
This dish travels well also.  You can make it a day ahead and then just reheat when you arrive at your destination.  If you only make one dish next week, make this one.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails