Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pecan Pie Cookies - Week 8 of 12 Weeks of Cookies!

I had a request from C this week for some type of Pecan Cookies.  After browsing through a few recipes, I finally settled on this Pecan Pie Cookie recipe from the Land O'Lakes website.  I have to admit that I'm not the biggest pecan pie person.  I prefer pumpkin pie over pecan pie any day of the week, especially Thanksgiving.  Nevertheless, I thought it might be good for me to try pecan pie in a cookie form.  They aren't my favorite cookie by any means (I know, who bakes a cookie they don't like and then blogs about it?), but C said that they were really good.  I guess that I'm just biased when it comes to pecans.  For some reason I don't want them in my baked goods!  Call me crazy! :)  Enough of that, on to the recipe:

Pecan Pie Cookies
From: Land 'O Lakes
Ingredients:
Cookie

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Filling
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:  Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.  Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in each cookie with thumb; rotate thumb to hollow out slightly.  Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl; fill each cookie with 1 rounded teaspoon filling. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

So, moral of the cookie story is:  If you like pecan pie or pecans in general, you will like these cookies.  If you are like me and prefer pecans to stay away from your cookies, then maybe you want to avoid making these!  :)  I find it hard to write much about a cookie that I'm not fond of, I feel like I am leading you guys astray!  You come to this blog to find things that I love, so it seems a little weird to me to be doing this.  It makes me feel better that C says they are good.  At least the cookie has his support!  He wouldn't lie to me about the way something tastes.   I've heard the good, the bad and the ugly about some of my recipes, so trust him!
Alright, I'm off to bake something with chocolate in it!  That makes my tummy happy!  Don't forget to check out the other cookie posts that are part of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies!  Happy Baking!
Week 8 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:

11 comments:

  1. These look interesting, will try them with some other nuts, either cashew or hazelnut! We don't get pecans in my part of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually stay away from pecan cookies due to allergies so I'm with you - give me something chocolate. The cookies still look really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby LOVE pecans and would love these! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to make these exact cookies and I forgot to read the directions well and added too much butter. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks great!! Pie and cookie in one?! Can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these last year and they were a HUGE hit! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing! Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! What a great way to redo pecan pie... great recipe for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pecan pie so I think I would love these cookies! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pecan pie in cookie form is such a great idea! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails