Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chocolate Dulce de Leche Cupcakes

Chocolate+Caramel=Delicious
That's really all you need to know about these cupcakes.  I used this recipe to create these yummy cupcakes last week, and let me tell you they didn't last long!  I shared them with our small group and they went over quite well! :)
The chocolate base of the cupcake was so moist and crumbly.  There was a slight hint of the dulce de leche in each bite, which worked out much better than my caramel candy experiment that you can read about here.  The frosting was super sweet (at least to me)...I will try to adjust the ingredients the next time I make it.  I'm thinking that if I leave out a spoonful of the dulce de leche it will help...I used the maximum that she called for in the recipe.
As C says, "Each cupcake that I try gets better and better!"  That's really the only review you need.  He's basically a cupcake connoisseur, so if he likes them so will you! :)
I knew that these cupcakes needed to be transported, so I broke in my new cupcake carousel!  It's this gigantic container in the shape of a cupcake that holds 24 standard size cupcakes.  Here it is stacked up with cupcakes.


You can see that my cupcakes weren't "standard" by their standards.  I had to cram them in each layer to actually fit 8 per tier.  It's probably because these cupcakes are so puffy at the top!  Either way, I love it and can't wait to use it more!  I found mine at HEB, but they are already gone.  I did find it online here if you want to check it out!  It also comes in a pretty hot pink color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails