Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pizzagna

Funny name?  Yes it is!  Does the taste make up for it?  Absolutely!  Pizzagna is Rachael Ray's cross between Pizza and Lasagna!  You get the home-cooked flavor of lasagna in just 30 minutes, with the flavors of your favorite pizza added right in!  We love pizzagna and haven't made it in quite some time.  I'm not quite sure how this dropped out of the dinner rotation, just an oversight on my part I guess.  I think it has been over a year since I made it, for shame!  I made it last week and it was better than we remembered.  We were so anxious to dig right into it that I forgot to take the picture. :)
It is so simple to make, you basically saute your veggies and cook your pasta.  Layer it all in a dish with the cheesy ricotta mixture and throw it in the oven to brown on top.  We like to add a lot of crushed red pepper on top of ours to give it a little kick, but you might want to avoid it.  It's your call.  I left one section without it so that Little Man wouldn't get too much spice.  I should also add that he loved it.  We've had a hard time getting him to eat pasta or mac and cheese, but he loved this.  He even had some the next day for lunch.  That's one of the great things about this recipe, if you use her measurements you are going to have a ton of leftovers!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails