Thursday, October 7, 2010

King Ranch Casserole


I was perusing Tasty Kitchen recently and found this yummy looking King Ranch Casserole.  I tried it out last night and it was as good as anticipated.  I'm sure every one has their own King Ranch recipe, but I just had to give this one a try.  It was super simple and aside from cooking the chicken and sauteing the veggies, it required little effort.  It had just the right amount of crunch from the chips, gooeyness from the cheese, and zip from the bell peppers. 
I made a few slight changes from the original recipe, which turned out nicely.  I somehow forgot to purchase Rotel at the grocery store...luckily I had a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes in the pantry.  It saved our dinner, I have no idea why I even had it, but I'm so glad I did!  I also used 1/2 of an onion instead of a whole one, too much onion can be a bad thing.  And my last modification was to up the temperature to decrease the cooking time.  I ended up at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.  I'm impatient when it comes to dinner and if it's not on the table in 30 minutes, it's not fit for me!
I should also add that this makes a heaping casserole, so be prepared for leftovers.  The casserole loses it's crunch during the subsequent days, but it still tastes delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails