Monday, October 18, 2010

Restaurants Featured on TV and How to Find Them!

So, I've admitted before that I am addicted to Food Network especially later in the evening when the house is quiet and I have some time to digitally scrapbook or catch up on blogs.  I love having the Food Network on in the background to inspire me.  I was listening in the other day while Diners, Drive-in's and Dives was on.  Guy did a segment about Lankford Grocery in Houston and how they have the best hamburgers in the area.  I set out on a mission to find it and get these burgers as soon as possible.  I found their website and we decided that we would check it out on Friday after a trip to the zoo with the Little Man.  Luckily I wrote down awesome directions or else we never would have found it.  (We don't have smartphones like the rest of the world, yet!)
There are quite a few burgers to choose from, I stuck with the standard Cheeseburger, C had the Wasabi burger and Little Man had a grilled cheese.  Here's what mine looked like...and yes it was the size of my face!
I couldn't resist taking a big bite before I took the picture, it smelled so good I didn't want to wait.  The burgers were good.  I don't know that we would make a special trip back for them, but if we happened to be in the area we would probably stop by again.  It's such a sweet little Mom 'n Pop shop.  It started out as a grocery and when the grill took over, they dropped the groceries.  Not such a bad idea, considering how crowded it was for lunch.
The same day that I was on a search for Lankford Grocery I read about this website on K&A's blog.  You put in the city you are searching for and it gives you all the restaurants, cafes, diners, etc. that have been featured on certain shows.  I see that it has The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Diner's, Drive-in's and Dives, Throwdown with Bobby Flay and a few others.  It's an awesome tool to find the places you have heard about but can't remember the names.  And it's especially great if you are traveling to a new city and want to try out some great food.  I can't wait to explore the website more and see what I find.
I love finding places like this.  What's your favorite featured on TV restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails